9, Lake Maracaibo Close, off Amazon Street, Maitama, Abuja
P.O.Box 5177, Wuse, Abuja, F.C.T
Monday - Thursday 8:30h-15:30h
Prior appointment is always required!
Emergency number outside opening hours
Languages of the authorities in the host country: English
Please note: Higher fees apply when using a telephone or fax connection via satellite (Satcom).
Note on barrier-free access
The entrances to the Embassy are only barrier-free to a limited extent. The locks and doors are wide enough, but do not have automatic closers or openers. Parking spaces are not available at the Embassy. If you need assistance, please contact us in advance.
The German Embassy Abuja processes visa applications only very limited.
If you have your place of residence in the embassy's consular district (see above) and one of the following cases applies to you, you can apply for a visa at the embassy in Abuja:
- Medical emergency
- Employees of a federal agency on official travel (submission of pay stub as proof of employment is required)
- Members of the Presidency
- Members of the National Assembly
- Members of the State House
- Members of the Senate
- Members of the military on official travel with invitation from Germany
- SSS on official travel or with full cost coverage
- Governors (+ 1 spouse or children if traveling with the governor)
- Spouses and children of German citizens (+ unmarried partners who have already obtained a visa in Lagos / Abuja in the past and have already traveled
- Transit travelers departing from Abuja
- Visitors of the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin / the Nigerian Consulate General in Frankfurt
- Employees of the German political foundations in Nigeria and GIZ (+ spouses and Children)
- Members of the Diplomatic Corps in Abuja (+ spouse and children) and employees of diplomatic missions who have already obtained a visa in Lagos / Abuja in the past and have already traveled.
- Participants in visitor programs organized by German federal authorities (only if costs are fully covered)
- Scholarship holders whose scholarship is paid from public funds
- Employees of the UN and ECOWAS on business trips
- Participants of conferences / trainings organized by federal authorities / political foundations / GIZ at full cost coverage
Eligible applicants must make an individual appointment for each person traveling. Appointments can be booked
Please include the name, reason for travel, and reason for eligibility in your email (see above). Please note that incomplete requests cannot be considered.
Visa appointments at the German Embassy in Abuja are very limited. Therefore, make an appointment request in time as soon as you know your travel plans.
If none of the above cases apply to you, you must submit your visa application to the Consulate General in Lagos.