Transit visa checklist

24.11.2023 - Article

All documents must be submitted in the ORIGINALS and one set of PHOTOCOPIES

The originals will be returned at the end of the procedure.

Required documents

⬜ Completed and signed application form

⬜ Two recent biometric passport photos (size 35 x 45mm) in front of a light background. One of these photos is to be affixed to the application form and one is to be attached loosely.

⬜ Valid passport (issued within the last ten years and valid for at least another three months after the end of the journey), for previous journeys also the old passport(s)

⬜ NPC birth certificate (if born after 13th December 1992) / certified copy of the local birth register OR affidavit (“declaration of age” deposed to by one of the parents or the head of the family, if both parents are late)

⬜ For non-Nigerian nationals: Nigerian residence permit

⬜ If applicable, visa for the country of destination

⬜ Flight reservation (outward and return flight)

⬜ Uo to date bank statements for the last three months - Only bank statements issued and stamped by the bank are accepted.

If applicable, proof of real estate ownership

⬜ If applicable, marriage certificate

⬜ If applicable, birth certificate(s) of minor child(ren)

If applicable, proof of employment from Nigeria (employment contract, holiday certificate, salary statement for the last three months, current bank statement of salary account)

If applicable, COI / COR / Certificate of Incorporation / Registration of the company in Nigeria, MEMO / Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act, FIRS / Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate / Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the last years.

⬜ If applicable, proof of ownership.

⬜ Prepaid courier envelope for return of the passport

For minors (children under 18 years of age)

For a visa of a minor, as a rule, both parents have to come to the minor’s appointment. Only if one parent is unable to come, we require a written and signed power of attorney from the parent unable to come in person.

If one or both parents are unavailable for clearly justified reasons to accompany the minor to the appointment, in exceptional cases the parents can issue a written power of attorney to a third adult person, allowing them to accompany their child and to apply for a visa in their stead. This person has to be able to identify himself or herself by showing their international passport, voter’s card, driver’s license or NIN slip (original and one copy).

The power of attorney may be written by yourself, but has to be signed by both parents. In addition, please add a copy of the parents’ passports.

In addition, please complete the application with the following documents:

⬜ For travel without the custodial parents, a travel authorisation signed by both parents or the custodial parent and the applicant, and a copy of the passport of the parents or the custodial parent.

⬜ If applicable, death certificate of the parent

If applicable, divorce decree of the parents.
⬜ Current school certificate or certificate of study with transcripts of the last two semesters
⬜ Application form signed by both parents.

The Embassy and the Consulate General reserve the right, if necessary, to request additional documents and, if necessary, to have their authenticity verified.

Top of page